info@visitkutaisi.com (+995)557263153 / (+995)593548507 Brochure 2015 / 2014
Terjola

Terjola is a region where you can find series of historical and cultural landmarks. Its main town, also called Terjola, is located on the Imereti lowland, on the right bank of the Chkhari River. It was first mentioned in the 17th century sources and acquired the status of a town in 1983. Terjola is famous for its historical monuments: the ruins of Skande Castle, Gogni Castle and Chkhari Complex from the Middle Ages. Most of the territory of Terjola is for agricultural arable. It is rich in rivers: Yvrila, Cholaburi, Dzevrula, Wyalwi Tela and others. The main mineral resources are chalcedony, limestone, and marble (Kvakhchiri) and brick clay.

Read more...
Tkibuli

The region is rich in landmarks, historical treasures and natural monuments. There are many castles and churches from Medieval Ages. The most important historical sites of the region are the Gelati Monastery Complex, which is enlisted in UNESCO World Heritage Endangered Monuments, and the Motsameta Monastery.

Tkibuli District is a low mountainous territory, covered with: limestone, clay, coal.  In the district you can find many explored and unexplored caves, like 13 – floor Tsutskhvati, Tskhrajvari, Chakhati, Sakazhia, and Mukhura.

Read more...
Sachkhere

Sachkhere city was granted a city charter in 1964. It is located on the banks of the Kvirila River in the north-western part of Imereti. The name of the city was first mentioned in written sources, in the 17th century. In the Medieval Ages Sachkhere district was an important trade place. Until 1917, it was included in Kutaisi province, specifically Shorapani district. From 1930 it was part of Chiatura region and in 1939 it became an independent district.

One of the main industries in the district is agriculture – mainly viticulture, crops, livestock, fruit and vegetable growing. Sachkhere has a winery since 1939. As a result of numerous forests in the area with oak, hornbeam, ash, maple, hawthorn and azalea timber production is also a very important industry in Sachkhere.

Read more...
Tskaltubo

The district is mostly known for its radon-carbonate mineral springs. The natural temperature of the water is 33–35 °C, which enables everyone to use it without heating.

There are many historical monuments in the region including the 12th century fortresses in Geguti Village and Zarati Village. There are also 12th century wooden churches in the villages: Partskhanayanevi, Zeda Meskheti and Qveda Meskheti. Additionally settlements from the Stone Age were discovered in the region, and the most famous are: Khomuli Cave, Qvilishori Cave, Shavgora and Saqajaia Caves and White Cave. In the White Cave, there was the earliest weapon discovered in the Caucasus – a copper arrow from the 5th–4th century B.C.

Read more...
Vani

Vani district is a perfect place for fans of archaeology. Its main town also called Vani is located in the Imereti lowland, on the bank of the Sulori River (a tributary of the Rioni River). According to an academician Otar Lordkipanidze in old Georgian the word “Vani” meant "house", "station”, "small town”, "dwelling".

Read more...
Zestaphoni

The city Zestafoni, which is the heart of Zestafoni district, is built on both banks of the Kvirila River. The town was first mentioned in historical resources in the 16th century. The town was granted a city charter in 1926. The name “Zestafoni” derives from “zeda foni” which means “upper passage” (of the Kvirila River). The population of the district increased rapidly in 1872 after the construction of Tbilisi-Poti railway, which passed through Zestafoni city.

Read more...

<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
Page 2 of 2

Districts Maps

Map Of Georgia

Map Of Imereti

 

 

 

 

Blog
Address: Georgia, Kutaisi, 4600. Gorki St #18
E-mail:info@visitkutaisi.com
Phone:(+995)557263153 / (+995)593548507


The Project co-financed by the Polish development cooperation programme of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland.