In 1929 an archaeological monument was discovered in the village of Dablagomi. The archaeological works were conducted in 1936 under the leadership of N. Berdzenishvili, B. Kuptini and N. Khoshtaria. The excavations were resumed in 1970 and led by V. Tolordava. During the research on Natsikhvari and Nasakirevi hills scientists discovered settlements from an Early Bronze Age and Antiquity, a necropolis, Early Bronze Age ceramics, handmade and fired pottery with polished surface, a stone grinder and flint spearheads. The archaeological materials found on sites came from the Eastern Caucasus (Kiketi, Didube, Ozni) and Western Georgia (Ochachire, Dikha, Gudzuba).
The findings confirmed that people lived there during the Early Antiquity (6th – 4th century B.C.) and the Early Hellenistic Era (4th – 3rd century B.C.). In the settlements from the first period there were Colchian ceramics decorated with ornaments (cups, pitchers, jars, etc), in the one from the second period – there were items made of clay, bronze, metal, silver coins and jewellery.
In 1972 on the Natsikhvari Hill archaeologists found a tomb of nobles from the 3rd century B.C. It was a rectangular wooden structure placed in a square rock – cut pit. The materials found there include gold jewellery, gold and silver vessels, metal weapons, beads made of different materials and lots of local and imported clay dishes. The excavations indicate that until the 3rd century B.C Dablagomi Village was an important commercial centre.