Ubisa Village is located on the bank of the Dzirula River. On its outskirts there are remains of St. George’s Monastery Complex from the 9th century. The Monastery was built by Giorgi Khandzteli. There are remains of an ancient defensive wall from the 12th century and four-story tower from 1141 – which used to be the dwelling of the guards. The bell-tower and some other buildings in the yard of the complex were built in the 14th century. The Church and the tower are built with yellowish stones.
The most remarkable frescos in the complex are on the inside walls of the church. The inside walls and the dome are totally covered with fresco and all are well preserved. Especially well-preserved is a fresco of the “Mystical Supper” (“The Last Supper “), which according to the inscriptions was made by Damiane. One can also notice the style of another artist in the paintings. According to the historical sources, the church was painted in the 16th century and is painted in a similar way to the church in Sori (Racha Region).